Malaysia Visa Information in Nigeria – Malaysia, with its capital Kuala Lumpur, is famous for many things, the world-famous cuisine, the orangutans, and the tropical rain forests.
The capital has the two largest skyscrapers in the world. The official language spoken in Malaysia is nevertheless, Malaysian English is widely spoken.
Malaysia is an awesome place to be, so if you are planning on going there, you have made the right choice. To travel to Malaysia, you must first obtain a visa, and to do this you have to meet the visa requirement.
Below, we have provided a detailed visa information and application process to Malaysia from Nigeria.
Malaysia Visa Types
Depending on the purpose of travel, there are different Malaysia visa types available. There are two major types and they are:
- Visa Without Reference (VWTR)
- Visa With Reference (VWR)
The Visa without Reference (VWTR)
The visa without reference is a type of Malaysian visa issued to persons who intend to visit Malaysia to study, visit a family relative, go through Malaysia to another country, or just take a tour.
It is the most popular category of visas.
The visas in this category include Study visas, Transit visas, Family visas, and Tourist visas.
Social Visit (Tourist Visa): This visa is issued to those who wish to visit the country for a holiday, visit family, etc.
Business Visa: This visa issued to those who intend to conduct business meetings, attend conferences and trade fairs, etc.
Student Visa: This visa is issued to applicants who wish to study in Malaysia. This pass applies to students who already have a letter of acceptance from any university in Malaysia.
The letter must be submitted along with all required documents to avail a student pass. If you are on a student pass, you may be allowed to work in low-skill jobs such as in, convenience stores, restaurants, gas stations, etc. The Student Pass may be revoked if your academic performance is not found to be satisfactory.
The Visa with Reference (VWR)
The VWR, granted to only persons with business-related intentions, investors, and entrepreneurs.
The visa is issued only by the Immigration Department of Malaysia. Unfortunately, at this time this visa is not available for Nigerians.
All Malaysia visas can take at least six days to be processed from the day of submission. Track your application and, once it has been approved, and ready for collection, head to the Malaysia Visa Application Centre to collect your passport.
- Before applying, you have to be very clear on the ‘purpose of visit’
- Complete your visa application form and affix your photograph.
- Ensure photos are as per specifications.
- Attach all supporting documents required as per checklist. Make sure your application is complete. Incomplete applications are not accepted.
- Submit your application at the VFS Malaysia Visa Application Centers in Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune and Ahmedabad along with the applicable fees in cash and Demand Draft as applicable.
- Track your application online.
- Collect your passport from the VFS Center or wait for courier delivery.
Malaysia Visa Requirements
- Completed visa application form.
- Two passport photographs (35x50mm) on either a white or blue background.
- International passport must be valid for at least seven months at the time of submission.
- Original and colored copy of your international passport data page.
- Original and colored copy of approved Yellow Fever Certificate (approved at least 10 days before entering Malaysia).
- A confirmed return flight ticket with booking reference number.
- Proof of accommodation for the duration of stay (e.g. hotel reservation).
- Original and copy of stamped bank statement (last three months) with stamped bank reference letter.
- Original and copy of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) certificate (for all first-time travellers).
– For a dependent:
- Consent letter (in such case where one or both of the parents are not travelling with the child).
- Birth certificate of the child.
- Valid means of identification of parents.
- Marriage certificate.
Documents For Student Visa Applicants Include:
- Offer letter from your chosen educational institution approved by the pass & permit division in the Immigration Headquarters of Malaysia.
- Proof of full-time course of study approved by the Minister of Home Affairs
- Health Certificate
- An original and clear copy of the highest obtained educational qualification certificate.
- Eligibility Letter from the Ministry of Education of Nigeria.
– For Business visits
If the purpose of your visit is business, meetings, or conferences, you’ll need to provide a covering letter printed on the original letterhead of your company.
– For Married Individuals
Married individuals will need to provide their marriage certificate while applying for a visa. Though this is not a frequently asked document, it is always better to carry this document with you, just to be sure.
If the first port of entry is Singapore, you’ll need to obtain the transit visa to Singapore first, and then proceed with the visa application for Malaysia.